Candidates who have no previous or little experience of operating plant machinery. The candidate should have a reasonable degree of physical fitness.
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to operate the Rear Tipping Dumper safely and correctly in accordance with the manufactures handbook and accepted good practice. The candidate will have the knowledge and understanding in order to carry out pre-start and function test. Configure the Rear Tipping Dumper for travelling over uneven ground, being loaded by various machines, transporting loads, carrying out controlled hill starts and tipping the loads correctly from the dumper. Place the Rear Tipping Dumper in an out of service condition. Carry out general maintenace.
- Health and Safety legislation
- Training DVD's
- Correct PPE
- Introduction to the Rear Tipping Dumper
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-start and function checks
- Starting, moving and stopping the machine
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Driving on inclines
- Carrying out hill starts
- Tipping loads from Rear Tipping Dumper
- Parking the machine correctly
- General Maintenance
- Re fuelling
1-Day Health & Safety Classroom based.
4-Days Theory & Practical on site